Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie D'OH!

Just a quick post today, with pics of my deliciousness to come next time I make some... I um... kindof ate it all. Hahahaha!

I've been craving sweets like CRAZY the last 2-3 days, which I finally figured out... *shifty eyes*... TOM is hanging around apparently. Ugh. I tell him constantly he's not welcome but he keeps coming back! Someone else wanna take him off my hands??! Moving on ---> Cookie D'oh

So because of my sweet cravings, I didn't want to give in to a bunch of refined sugars and end up feeling like a squished dog pile on the side of the road (that's what I feel like when I eat sugar... pretty much sums it up!), and I also didn't want to use any grains really because well, they make me feel like a dog pile slightly off the road, and unsquished, yet a dog pile nonetheless.

I looked around for some gluten-free/sugar-free recipes and saw a bunch, but most of them had way too many ingredients that I didn't feel like messing with (wonder why?!? -.- ). I switched over to my former life, RAW foods, and found one that looked promising. Something about cashews always remind me of cookie dough. I based my recipe on one that I found, but wasn't true enough to cookie dough's real flavor. Tweakage is my middle name, dahling! Well not really... that would be... weird.

So here's my Chocolate Chip Cookie D'oh! recipe...

3/4 cup raw cashews
2 tbsp almond flour (maybe 1/4 cup whole almonds?)
about 9 soft dates, pitted
1 dropper-full of stevia (I have vanilla stevia)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened carob chips (alternatively: insert other form of chocolate as desired)

Grind up the cashews and almond flour together until fine and flour-like. Add in dates and puree until it forms a sticky mess. Add in stevia and vanilla and puree a bit more. You really can't puree it too much... I left it running and Facebooked.

Once it's all sticky-fied, move it to a bowl/container and stir in the chocolate chips (this is totally optional, as I'm sure you figured out. It's just as good without them :) I left mine just like that and popped it in the freezer... ate it by the spoonful after it was cold. Cold cookie-dough was always the best! Next time I'll make it into little bars or something (like a Larabar?).

Hope you like it as much as I did! I couldn't stop eating it... <<<<fatbelly>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment