Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Day For New Goodies!

So today I decided instead of getting my car's a/c fixed, I was going to make a detour and go shopping for some new kitchen stuff. I'm trying to get everything ready for my trip to Florida next week, so I needed a few things anyway.

I know this may come as a shock, but I have not been in a Bed Bath & Beyond for at least 10 years... maybe 15. I mean I was a BAYBAY last time I went in there and I hated it. What child wants to spend hours looking at wine glasses, dishes, cooking utensils, storage bins, kitchen appliances, and the like? Not I  said the fly, not I! But as a 21 year old who now loves to cook, BBnB was like Heaven on earth! I think I got there at 1:30 and didn't leave until 3. And the only reason I left was because I knew Ross was next door... DANGEROUS!

So here's what I managed to salvage at Ross for waaaaay less than I would have to have paid at BBnB....


And now to introduce you to my new friends.....


Orange and lemon... bakery emulsion? I had been planning on buying orange and lemon extract or Capella drops, but these were only 3 bucks and it's 4oz. They are very delicious! I already made orange "soda" hahaha. And they're in my new little bin that I got for 50 cents... I actually got 2/$1 ^_^ I was content. As you can see from the top picture, I used the other one to store my bottles of stevia and my army of Capella drops. 


nomnomnom! It's hot outside... We hit a high of 107 with the heat index today... and like a dummy I was out shopping instead of fixing my a/c. That's how I roll. Anyway I got a 32oz bottle ($3.99 for that bad boy!) that has a nice little ice thing that goes down inside it and a straw and everthang. However in this photo I was too impatient to wait for the thing to get cold so I'm drinking room-temp water. Oh boy. Haha. 


Cute little ice... fruits. Reusable ice? I'm in! And only $1!! I hate filling up those stupid ice trays all the time hahaha. Hmmm wait a second... apples, strawberries, grapefruit/orange slice... sound familiar?



It's HCG fruit! We have to kick the little grape out though... Poor lil guy.... 



Also, helping me show off the fun lil ice cubes is my new (and VERY heavy glass!) dessert dish... grapefruit sorbet here I come! I think that one was $1 also? *happy dance*



Annnd what else did I get? OH YEAH! My favorite one... I finally got a cool glass to drink out of! Only 75 cents!!!! 


Here it's filled with sparkling water and Vanilla Creme stevia... "Creme" soda! Yum! You can't really see it, but it does say "Coke" on it. 

So that was my shopping for today and I'm pretty pumped to use all mah new stuff!!!! Now I'm off to make dinner... would you believe I'm going to make chili even though it's 107 outside? I told you I'm crazy. Oh wait, did I not? Oops! ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment