Friday, March 25, 2011

And So It Begins



Well first, I know you all don't know me or my journey up until now, so as far as you know tomorrow is the beginning... and I'm ready to look at it that way, too. A new beginning, a new phase of life, a new me. It's going to be good!

I'm starting Round 3 of the HCG diet tomorrow morning - I will be loading over the weekend and starting the VLCD part of the diet Monday.

Unfortunately I've already done this twice - the first time for health reasons (thyroid/hormone reset), but also to lose weight. Gained it all back - according to my doctor and my experience I gained it back because I was very sick before, so my body healed itself and didn't really care about resetting my weight at that point. So I waited a bit then did Round 2, and haven't stabilized well because I failed to get a good calorie intake during Phase 3, so now I'm doing a Round 3 before I gain too much, and hopefully this can be my final round!

I know there are a lot of people who like to diss the HCG diet - but I wanna be cliche here for a minute and say that it WORKS! I tried and tried to lose weight before this and instead of losing I would gain weight actually. I was able to stay at a steady weight for 5 months after my first round - something that has NEVER happened to me before while still being able to eat real food (not junk - but not "diet" foods). This last round was amazing and if I had eaten enough during Phase 3 I wouldn't be redoing this, but I need to be able to eat more than 1300 calories a day with my activity levels and not gain weight from eating it!

So ANYWAY... tomorrow I'm loading... not really looking forward to it, except that Haagen Daaz coffee goodness that awaits me in the freezer. I don't really like desserts or sweets, but something about that delicious addicting substance mixed with cream and sugar and frozen... it just beckons me to it! I don't even drink my coffee with milk or sugar (I swear I just typed "shugar"... o.O not enough coffee this morning? lol) but dang that ice cream is amazing. Wow I've just written an entire paragraph about coffee and ice cream. Guess that means you know I've already broken into the mini carton and sampled a bit... I may have to go get another one tomorrow actually - I only bought a mini little itsy bitsy guy because I wasn't even sure if I would LIKE the creamy coffee goodness. That was dumb, that was really dumb, for real! Would I like it... psh!

Hopefully I haven't ballooned already today though... I ate pretty late tonight! I normally eat dinner around 4-5 o'clock, but I worked from 5:30-8:30 this morning, then left for school and was there from 9 until 4 this afternoon... just enough time to come home and grab my stuff for Krav! Didn't get home until 7:30 from working out, so I ate pretty light (except that bit of creamy coffee goodness and a couple almonds). Hopefully I won't have to start my loading day with a higher weight than today! I have let myself gain a little the last week so I could have some to lose and I didn't have to worry about correction days right before going into the VLCD. Unfortunately TOM came to visit a few days ago so I had gained a ton of water weight that dropped off this morning... *glares at scale* you better be nice to me tomorrow! hahaha.

And now... Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment