Monday, May 2, 2011

P3 Days 14 & 15 (LDW +1, LDW +1.2)

Grrrrrr. At least I'm still in my range :) Planning on a detox bath tonight, plus I was able to get my calories and protein up good today.

Day 14: (LDW +1)


For breakfast I made egg foo yung with 3 eggs and half a cup of bean sprouts, and some braggs/tobasco sauce. On the side I had half a grapefruit and some wilted green chard (still one of my favorite veggies of all time!

Lunch was, uh, OH. Lunch was made at 1pm but not eaten until 4. I am wondering if that had something to do with my .8 gain the next day. OH WAIT no the .8 was from the day before - that was the wine that night - put me up .8. LOL. I guess I wasn't quite stable enough for it, but it was TOTALLY worth it - I wouldn't have been able to sleep without it! Ok so no and lunch was not eaten at 4 yesterday it was eaten at normal time. Hahaha wow what weekend it has been. Lots of emotions running crazy. I'm considering moving back home after this semester - just waiting until my boyfriend gets back from Israel to decide. There's some stuff going on there but not gonna go into that right now. Anyway, back to lunch. Yesterday lunch was a 12oz lean steak - around 325 cals, with 4 cups of wilted spinach. Yeah, I pretty much copied Friday's dinner! Hahahaha.

Left for Austin and brought a can of tuna and some spinach for a salad, and ate that on the way down after I let myself calm down a little bit. I cried a lot the first hour or so because I didn't want to leave home. I miss my sister more than you can imagine. Austin is lonely lately. I hate being lonely. But I'm glad I'm not turning to snacks for my emotions anymore - I did that for a while. Doesn't work out so well.

OH! Forgot - on the way home I *DID* manage to find a brand new Magic Bullet on craigslist for $25 whole dollars! I'm already addicted to it and I've only used it once. :D (see below)

Got home around 8 or 8:30 last night, got a confirmation from my beau that he had landed safely in Israel, and fell asleep by 9:30. Unfortunately my calories came in about 500 short yesterday - around 1000ish. I'm thinking that contributed to my .2 gain. That, along with the fact that my sleeping schedule went from midnight-8am on the weekend to getting up at 5am today. Yikes!

---

Day 15 (LDW +1.2)

Woke up at 5 to get ready for work. It was SO NICE to actually have time to sit down and eat breakfast! My new manager scheduled me an hour later than my other manager did, so I can actually live a normal life. Can I get a hallelujah and an amen? Thank you, I see you there in the back. Amen to that. Lol.

Anyway, for breakfast I had an omelet with 2 slices of that delicious bacon that I boughteded the other day and some sliced onions/zucchini, and then I had half a grapefruit annnnnd oh a cup of coffee with some coconut milk. And then on my way out the door, I snuck 5 almonds. I couldn't help it - they were lonely and crying. Out of sheer mercy I put them out of their misery. I also snatched my serving of CD for the day while I was getting dressed for work.

Brought another tuna salad with a pickle to work for lunch, and a granny-smith apple for a snack between breakfast and lunch. It was good with my vanilla red tea! Yummmmm. Work was a BLAST at my new Sbux. I transferred to a drive-thru store and I REALLY love it! I thought it would be stressful and confusing but the headsets are really cool!

On my way home, after putting in my calories for the day so far on my Sparkpeople mobile tracker (on my Blackberry), I realized I was like... only at 800 calories or something. LOL. So I stopped by HEB on the way home and got some chocolate Jay Robb and some meat for dinner. My snack was a Mocha Frappuccino made in my new and most beloved MB (Magic Bullet), and then a cup of coffee to warm up afterwards with some peppermint CD (it was like 50 degrees here today. I know. May 2nd.)

For dinner, I pan cooked some spicy red pepper chicken and fresh cauliflower, and then wilted some spinach over the top. Finishing touch? About 1/2 tbsp of butter to up the calories and put me just below 1500. I never felt like I was sinning so badly in my life! I haven't eaten butter on vegetables ever. Not even growing up... mom just didn't use butter she was always the EVOO type girl! Those veggies tasted like they could be made out of sin. Just pure evil. But it's totally fine because I needed the calories, my fats were low for the day, and the butter is organic/grassfed! Win/win. Duh, winning. I win here I win here, now what? Ok ok moving on.

Tonight, when my roommate and her boyfriend (my adopted big brother) got home, I was sipping on some chocolate red tea and watching (more like staring through) tv. We ended up talking for about an hour and a half and I cried a lot. Talking about life and relationships and such.... it was good and we needed to have that talk. I felt so much better knowing that her and my big bro have my back still, no matter what happens. Anyway this isn't a therapy session this is my food blog! Hahahha.

So I stayed up for a little while longer since I'm off work tomorrow, meaning I can sleep until 8 or 9 or 10 or 2... whatever floats mah boat... lol. But I stayed up so I could calm my nerves and not go to bed upset. Decided to drink some capella water (first PB/Banana, then PB/Chocolate Brownie. Oh yeah), and then I went ahead and made a Cali Kicker. I've never had a reaction to one of those like that! Maybe because I'd just had the sweetness of the capella flavored water? I took a sip of my Cali Kicker and I literally jerked from my head all the way to my foot, and then laughed really hard because I felt like a dweeb! Who does that? I mean really? So I put some stevia drops in it and it was actually bearable. Guess that's why the actual recipe calls for stevia! Durrrr. I'm a maroon.

So now I'm off to sleep - it's about 2 hours later than my normal bedtime during the week, so my eyes are slightly confused as to why they are still open. Haha. Hopefully I don't gain anything tomorrow... I don't have a lot of buffer left and I want to start adding in some new stuff! If I can stay stable, then I've only got 6 days left of P3 official! Woohoo!! :D

On to tomorrow. On to the future. On to life.


----

Mocha Frappuccino Recipe


1 serving Jay Robb chocolate whey protein powder

1 scoop Amazing Greens chocolate cacao powder
1/3 cup cooled strong coffee
1 tbsp coconut milk
probably 2/3 or 3/4 cup ice cubes (enough to make it nice and thick!)
2 drops english toffee stevia (opt)

Whirr everything together in the 20oz MB cup until nice and smooth. Eat with a spoon or drink with a straw... it's pretty thick and delicious both ways!! :D 
[and... Next time I make this I'm going to add some peppermint extract... my favorite Frappuccino is a mocha peppermint frapp. Yum!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment