Monday, May 9, 2011

Phase Life, Day 1

Today turned out to be in interesting food day! I came in about 200 calories short, with higher fat to protein than I normally like to get, too. And unfortunately both lunch AND dinner were protein shakes! Hahaha. Yikes. Hopefully it's not too bad tomorrow - I only have a pound of leeway as I enter my life phase, so idk how that will go! I have my meals planned out for tomorrow, but it may end up being an egg day!

I added 1 tsp of peanut butter this morning. It was pretty good - I hadn't had an appetite for it at the beginning of P3 because I loaded with it, so when I tasted it a few weeks ago it made me nauseous. Bleghhh. I tried a dark roasted kind today and it was actually really good! Guess there's hope for me, yet!

Breakfast was my normal eggs, chorizo, grapefruit, and cauliflower hashbrowns. The coconut milk I picked up at Kroger was "Taste of Thai" instead of my normal "Thai Kitchen" brand, and I did NOT like it! It was all clumpy and gross and the flavor was only half as good - it tasted really diluted. Oh well, live and learn, right? Back to Thai Kitchen, for me! Well, I have some almond milk to drink, first. That's good stuff right der!

As far as introducing stuff, I'm not really sure how to go about it this time. Being as this is my last round ever, I don't really know what to do now! LOL! I want to introduce stuff slowly, but I'm finding that I'm still really sensitive to things like nuts/dairy, which I never was before. So that's kindof sad for me, but hopefully given time it will lessen. I'm not a big dairy person, anyway, but I do love yogurt. I'll be sad if I'm sensitive to yogurt for the rest of my life! :(

Lunch was protein powder chocolate chip ice cream, some homemade plum babyfood (it's my comfort food... plum babyfood or prune babyfood - either one!), and then a small salad with mustard for dressing and a pickle. Hahaha. After lunch I picked up my boyfriend and drove us back to Austin, but we got here around 6 so dinner was about an hour later than normal! Whoops. Hopefully that doesn't mess anything up, either!

I will take a moment to blog about something other than foodstuffs for a moment... when I drove up and saw him standing there today, I have never seen anything that wonderful before in my life. 10 days without half of yourself is hard to get through. I could see he was exhausted from a 30 hour trip from Tel Aviv to Dallas. I saw wounds on his face from sparring, and he was walking with a limp on his injured ankle, and I knew he was going to be much too tired to hardly even speak. But all I needed was his presence... When he got in the car and I looked in his eyes, I literally felt warmer inside. The moment his skin brushed against mine as he touched my shoulder, my heart raced. Every time he spoke, his voice was like a soothing song to me. How I've missed him! When he fell asleep in the seat beside me, I couldn't stop staring at his sweet face (probably not a good thing since I was driving LOL!). Sigh. I love him so much. I hope God helps us through the trials we face right now - that's the only thing I can say at this point.

Back to food... now that I am thoroughly in a romantic mood and REALLY thinking about turning of Hidalgo and watching something worth watching. Hahaha! I used to LOVE this movie, but it's like, really? Here's what I posted on my sister's facebook wall earlier hahaha...

OMG. Okay.... um... Hidalgo is like... SOOOOO CHEEZY. I seriously think they made this movie JUST so girls could see Viggo in cowboy clothes. There's like.... no other point to this movie. Must be why we only ever watched it at 4 in the morning! I can't believe we dropped water in our eyes to stay awake for this. -.-

It's so sad!! And yes, we would stay awake so late that we would get cups of water and drop drops of water in our eyes to stay awake. The things we do for... fun? XP

Anyway, dinner tonight was 2 servings of Jay Robb because I was ENTIRELY too far under on my protein/calories since lunch was so light and I was eating dinner late - I didn't want to eat anything that would be hard to digest (like meat. haha.) I made a nummy chocolate shake, then ate about a teaspoon of almond butter with it. I also whipped up a batch of chocolate delight with espresso beans inside.... YUM! verah good.

So that's about it for now... off to finish the movie and text my behbeh, if he's awake. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment