Monday, May 16, 2011

Clean Eating Works!

Wow - so this has been a rocky first week of Phase Life! I was doing great - then went to a krav class and gained over 2 lbs overnight! Crazy shnizz! So I was working on eating clean and waiting for the water weight to go away from my muscles (which were very sore!)... I made a booboo. I was working late - from 5-10pm, and when I got home I had the munchies like you would not BELIEVE. And there was banana bread. Sigh. I totally gave in. Ate the banana bread. Dammit. I felt like crap afterwards and knew I should have made some tea or even eaten something NOT sweet if I was really that hungry, but no.

Spent 3 hours driving home - arrived at 3 in the morning - and felt like crap the whole way because of the sugar and refined flour coursing through my system. Light headed, nauseous, and guilty. Not a good combo! I drank tons of lemon water during the drive but not sure how much it really helped. Woke up the next morning at 10, and was up nearly 3lbs from the weight I had gained at krav! That put me about 5lbs above LDW.

Saturday was my grandpa's 70th birthday, so I just took it easy, didn't worry about calorie counting, and ate VERY clean. Mostly eggs since they travel easy and the party was 2 hours away, and LOTS of water and tea. My calories came in low, but since I'm past the stabilization phase I wasn't too terribly worried about it. Made it through the day, still upset at myself for eating the banana bread but trying not to be, and by evening I was extremely distraught due to boyfriend problems, and I drank 2 beers.

Basically what's been going on is my boyfriend and I are madly in love, and we want to spend our lives together, but he doesn't want to marry me because we have a big age gap and he's worried about my future with him. We've never been in a fight, never argued, never been angry at each other. Best friends for 3 or 4 years, and fell in love about 8 months ago. It was perfect - like a fairy tale. This has been our only issue, and it's becoming big, so I told him until he decides what he wants to do, I'm moving home. It's crushing me because we are SO in love, but I can't stand the back and forth of yes, no, maybe, no, yes, maybe, yes, no from him. So until he decides, I'm moving home. That's a TON of the stress that's been getting to me lately that I've mentioned.

So back to the beers. I had 2 beers to relax and stop crying, and was hoping I wouldn't pay for it the next day. Woke up Sunday morning to a 2.6lb loss! I was down to only 2.2 above my LDW. SCORE. I ate clean again yesterday, got about 1000-1200 calories, and 5-6 cups of green veggies. Dinner was actually at a sushi place, so I got a box of sashimi and some sliced cucumbers, and it was deeeelicious! I wanted a drink so bad, but I didn't want to risk drinking 2 days in a row while I was still trying to get back into my LDW range, so I skipped it.

Then this morning I woke up down to only .8 above my LDW - I'm back in my range! Still keeping it pretty clean today because I'd like to get down to my LDW, but adding in some protein powder to get my calories back to 1500. I don't think 3 days of low calories would be good for me this soon out of Phase 3, and since I *am* in my range, I'm just keeping it nice and clean today. Hoping the clean eating sticks and I don't go right back up tomorrow. I know HCG works, and I know the clean eating really does work, but I still get so nervous about it sometimes!

Going to finish out the day chillin and watching movies with my sister... got a long drive back to Austin tonight, but I'll be back home soon! Asked for my transfer at work last week, and if they can't transfer me then I'm going to quit and just take a break for a few weeks while I look for a job in the medical field probably, since that's what I'm going to school for anyway. But enough for now! On to the Proposal... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment