Saturday, April 23, 2011

P3 Days 2 & 3 (LDW -0.8, LDW -0.8 BOOYA)

OK! Sorry I couldn't get any time in to blog yesterday... school, date night, then a 3 hour drive back home for Easter weekend.

Yesterday I went up 0.8 lbs, but I think not only because I had like an entire cup (like 8oz lol) of half and half while I was at work, I also had a handful of macadamia nuts, AND there is actually food in my body now! LOL. So yesterday I was careful about not doing too much cream, but still getting in my calories. I used a Jay Robb strawberry protein shake to add my last calories for the day, which put my right at 1500. I was TERRIFIED to see the scale this morning though, because last night was date night with my boyfriend and he took me to a really nice restaurant with a patio and a little waterfall thing and a garden oh wow it was so great. He is so romantic! Anyway, I looked over the menu, and everything actually looked GREAT and it was all really healthy (kindof modern-mexican style food), so I got a spinach & avocado salad with roasted ancho peppers (OMG I love ancho chiles!) and a cilantro lime dressing, but I got the dressing on the side and there was enough avocado mashed onto the spinach leaves that it didn't need any dressing anyway! My boyfriend tried some and he actually liked it, too. Score!

Anyway, after I got home I ate some turkey lunchmeat I had bought in case of just such a protein emergency as dinner was (thank you Applegate Farms!), then finished packing and loaded up my car before heading to Sprouts for some grapefruit and protein powder. Sadly I found out the hard way that my local Sprouts doesn't carry individual packs of the Jay Robb protein powder. What??! But it was worth going in anyway to get a grapefruit the size of my head for 11 cents. Yes, grapefruit are on sale for 11 cents each this week at Sprouts. I know - it's insanity. Since I couldn't find my Jay Robb mix, I ran over to HEB and was glad to find out they have the individual packs, and probably for a LOT cheaper than Sprouts would have had them for, anyway. I've never had the Strawberry kind (I've only ever had their Vanilla Egg White protein) but I was in the mood for strawberry so I got 2 packs of the Strawberry Whey protein and one pack of the Pina Colada. Hello, my name is Jessica, and I'm addicted to Coconut.

OH I also got, just in time for my trip home to see my sis, my Amazing Greens Chocolate powder!!! I got it on sale from Your Way to Wellness and didn't have to pay shipping! That saved me like 10 bucks right there! I may have to try them for some Jay Robb protein powder, too. Haven't checked out all the deals yet but it all looks pretty good. Can't wait to try this chocolate green stuff! I miss having green supplements - they're always soooo tasty! Yes I know, I'm weird like that.

I'll quickly go over my meals yesterday and then move on to today's plan...

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 3oz beef chorizo, and a bunch of chopped chard, all inside a sandwich! HAHAHA just kidding - couldn't resist. It was an omelet. Then I had half a grapefruit, plus the rest of the grapefruit as a snack.


Lunch was 2 salmon burgers from Costco (best things invented ever! I know: there are a LOT of best things ever in my book) on a HUGE pile of lettuce, with diced onions, tomatoes, some avocado, and some mustard. Oh and a pickle. I love pickles. I think I ate 4 pickles yesterday! Hahahaha.

I already talked about dinner, so there. Mleh.

---

P3D3

No cream in my coffee today but I plan on getting some coconut milk for tomorrow/later tonight. I'm finishing my blog and watching Family Man, then when that's over I'm going to Town Talk (discount organic food store... wish we had one in Austin!) to see what goodies I can snag.

Breakfast was A-MAZ-ING. I can't wait until I don't have to eat breakfast on the go every morning before work. I love breakfast. <3


I had 2 homemade sausage patties (recipe below), 3 fried eggs, half a grapefruit, a slice of avocado (not shown... I ate it too fast LOL), and cauliflower hashbrowns with garlic and onions. Oh and coffee. Yes, must have coffee. Always. Or else.

I've got my day planned out, so lunch is 2 organic hot dogs (thank you again to Applegate Farms!) with some homemade hot dog chili. Using lettuce as buns of course. :)

(photo added later.... and OMG that chili was amazing!)
And dinner is going to be chicken uhhh... spaghetti? Gonna save some of my hot dog chili and spiralize a zucchini for pasta, then cook a big chicken breast to put over it for protein. I'll have to add in a Jay Robb shake sometime today for some calories (oh DARN.), too. Probably strawberry again - it really tastes JUST like I imagined strawberry milk to taste! (I haven't had strawberry milk since I was like 3 and I don't remember how it tasted, but this was pretty darn greatness! I just mixed it with about 10oz water. YUM).

Well, off to Town Talk - movie's over in 7 minutes and I still have to upload these photos! Hahahaha... Pictures of lunch/dinner will be updated tonight or tomorrow!


-------
Recipes used today:


Quick & Easy Homemade Sausage (P3/P4)
1 lb ground bison/organic beef/venison 
2 jalapenos, red or green (I did one of each), finely diced or pureed

3 tbsp beef or bison stock
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
2 cloves garlic, crushed
sprinkle of coriander &
-marjoram &
-savory &
-sage &
-mustard &
-thyme
Use a food processor to mix the bison and jalapenos (or just mash it all together with your hands - I've done both). Using your hands, mix all spices and broth into the meat - this will take some time to distribute evenly!!
Use as you would any other bulk sausage. If you form it into patties, keep them fairly thin so it doesn't dry out since Bison is lower fat than pork. 
Makes 8-9 patties.   Per patty: 91cals, 5g fat, 10g protein




Homemade Hot Dog Chili (P3/P4)

For one serving (enough for 2 hotdogs)
2oz ground beef  
 3 tbsp minced yellow onion 
 1 clove garlic, crushed/minced
 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes 
 1 tbsp yellow mustard  
 1/2 tsp Braggs aminos 
 S & P to taste 
 paprika, cumin, turmeric 
 dash tobasco or other hot sauce

     Heat small saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until it begins to sweat. Add in beef and garlic and cook until meat is cooked through. Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup water, bring to a boil, then add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Bring back to boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer and simmer 10 mins, until thick. Serve over your favorite organic hot dogs! YUM! You could slice the hot dogs and add them directly to this and eat it like a bowl of chili, too. 

    Without hot dogs:  166cals, 9g fat, 12g protein


    No comments:

    Post a Comment