Wednesday, April 20, 2011

VLCD Days 23 & 24 (LDW +0.4; LDW -1.2)

VLCD Day 23....

I know... I didn't blog yesterday. I was beyond bummed and felt like a pile of jello. I woke up to a 1.6lb GAIN... which put me ABOVE my LDW and I hadn't even started Phase 3 yet. I was beyond mad. I was livid. I wanted to be back on the drops. But I pressed forward.

Yesterday at work, along with my attitude already being down from the unexplained huge gain, we were SUPER slammed, and SUPER short on labor. Oh wait, isn't that how it is every day? I'm not looking forward to transferring to a drive-thru, but at the same time hopefully my new manager will actually know what the H.E. Double Hockeysticks she's supposed to be doing! Anyway enough whining... I can't have cheese yet so it's no good. LOL. So because we were busy and shorthanded, everything that could irritate me did, and my manager was not helping. She has serious attitude problems, let me tell you! ANYWAY... So on my first 10 minute break, I took a boiled egg from a protein plate and ate the white, then ate a piece of CD. Seemed to help a little bit with the lightheadedness and grouchiness, but man the day just dragged on. 

Got home and felt like I had been hit by a truck, so I made lunch (I don't even remember what I made lol) and watched TV for an hour or so. Then I got up and packed some more stuff, and decided I was just too exhausted and my brain was too foggy. I spent the rest of the day laying on the couch, hoping I wasn't actually getting sick after my roommate and her boyfriend. While I was laying there, I drank and drank and drank. I had a couple cups of lemon water (used a whole lemon over the day), plus a cup of Cranberry tea (an herbal tea for helping with water-gain), and then chocolate banana flavored water (thank you Capella... haha!). Went to bed at 9, and woke up 3 times to go to the bathroom! I prayed for at least getting back down TO my LDW....

--
VLCD Day 24/P3 Day 1

Woke up this morning and was back down to 1.2 below my LDW. YESSSSS! SCORE! I have NO CLUE what happened to me the day before, but something was seriously amuck. 

So needless to say, I was SO relieved today - and again we were busy and shorthanded at work like you would not BELIEVE! But my attitude and mental clarity was muchhhhh better because I ate breakfast today. I'm still on protocol until after 4pm, so I had 100g chicken and a lil' Granny Smith apple for breakfast on the way to work. I miss breakfast so much... I was actually awake without coffee! Whodathunkit?! So maybe I will be able to sleep good tonight since I didn't have tons of caffeine. Yeah buddy!

For lunch I made chard & beef stew, with a sliced GS apple and English Toffee stevia. Plus lemon water. YUM! I can tell the HCG is wearing off though - I used 4oz of beef and I'm still hungry after eating. Not cool! But dinner will be here soon enough :) 

For dinner I'm toggling between Mexican or American. I'm either gonna make taco salad or burger salad... but I think I'm going with the burger salad because I want to add avocado to my taco salad but I don't want that much fat on my first day of P3 for dinner. Tomorrow for lunch is a different story! :D 

So, working up all my calories for today, I'm only at about 600, which is fine because it's only half P3. LOL. Mostly what I'm excited about is MIXING MY VEGGIES AT DINNER! For the burger salad my plan is 4oz of 96/4 grassfed beef, a bunch of crunchy yummy lettuce, some sliced onions, some chopped tomatoes, and a pickle spear. I know the pickle has tons of salt, but I haven't had much salt today so far plus I'll have some lemon water after or with dinner :) Oh yeah and I'll be using lots of delicious mustard! YUM! I haven't completely avoided mustard through Phase 2 but I used it sparingly. I think that will be a good dinner - it's only about 200 calories and not high in fat. Fats come into play tomorrow! >:D

I'll post about dinner later tonight. Can't wait!!!

------

DINNER!! IT FINALLY CAME! I didn't do anything really fancy - went with my burger salad and it was amazing. I can't believe how much I have missed having that combo - tomato, onion, and lettuce with mustard. I used to eat that as a snack - a romaine/greenleaf/bib lettuce leaf wrapped around slices of tomato and onion, and a squirt of mustard on top. Best snack EVER! Anyway back to dinner. It was delicious and I am in such a good mood! I also prepped breakfast for tomorrow - I made a 3 egg omelet with 3oz of beef chorizo from sprouts (checked for added sugar. we good!) and some slices of tomato. I can't wait! It smelled sooooo good.

Idk if you can see it in the pic, but there are MIXED VEGETABLES!!!!! rofl. Oh and I made lemonade to go wif mah burgerz... half a lemon and some plain stevia. Nomnomnom!!!!

Well I'm scared of the scale tomorrow. I only ate right at 600 cals (like 614 or something according to sparkpeople) so unless the mixing of veggies messes me up I should be TOTALLY fine! But still it just feels weird in my belly to have onions and all that together I guess. I'm not stuffed, just feel weird.

Well, here we go! Hope nothing crazy happens on the scale tomorrow! Time to drink lots of water and chill for the evening. I'm so unmotivated this week LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment