Thursday, April 7, 2011

VLCD Day 11 (0)

Big ol' goose egg... but I'm CLUMPing along! Haha. A group I'm in on Facebook had a post about "Clumpers" - people who don't lose for a few days and then drop enough to make up for not losing. Based on my previous 2 rounds that's definitely true for me! Though, I'm sure it didn't help that I couldn't wear my gloves at work yesterday. I wore them all day today, hopefully that helps. I have noticed a trend, though, with both of my 0 loss days... I ate an orange both times I didn't lose. I wonder if oranges have too much sugar for my body... I'm going to do half a grapefruit tonight and see if that does anything for me, then I only have 1 orange left so if I stall when I eat that then no more oranges for me!

And I decided to be brave and try beef this round. YAY! Probably the best thing I've ever eaten in my life. Talk about Die Good. I think I blogged the other day that I found organic grass-fed, 96/4 beef at Whole Foods? Well here's my first recipe using some of it!! I mashed it up with 1/2 tbsp Bragg's, onion powder, garlic, and salt and pepper, then grilled it on my George Forman grill (in LOVE with this thing! Must have, for sure!). I wrapped it in greenleaf lettuce and squirted some organic yellow mustard on there, with about 1/2 tbsp chopped onion. Yes, I know, I mixed veggies... kindof. Lol. Rounded the meal out with apple "fries" and a Ryvita. I'm very full, and that beef was absolutely delish!

I think for dinner I'm going to do the shrimp jambalaya that I made the other day... that was pretty good! Plus it's lighter on calories to balance out the beef. I did find out that organic, grass-fed extra lean beef only has 123 calories for 100g, as opposed to about 150-160 for regular extra-lean beef. Not sure how that works but I was excited!

I'm slightly confused about one thing, however. Totally unrelated to beef. Haha. The last 2 rounds I have followed my Chiropractor's advice when going through the protocol, but this time I'm doing it on my own and I've already done some things differently, such as adding in the cracker and taking B-12, and eating Chocolate Delight. What I'm confused about is that my last 2 rounds, I didn't wait 72 hours from my last drops to go into Phase 3, and I had no problems at all. I didn't gain, I actually maintained my LDW through Phase 3 from the day I stopped the drops. I just stopped the drops in the evening, woke up, and started eating Phase 3... but this round I want to do things right and I'm so confused about that! Someone told me it's important to do the 72 hours, but I've never done that before. What my Chiropractor had me do was once I reached my goal weight, stay on the drops for 2 extra days instead of going without them but still doing 500 calories.

Anyway... I still have a minimum of what,  12 days left? Ish? I'll figure it out... I think. Haha!


---
Update (after dinner)

OMG NO WONDER I'M STALLING AFTER ORANGES! I was lied to!! Lied to I say! I did oranges ALL through my first round, after being told by my Chiro that they were ok. I just went and read the Pounds and Inches protocol again, and it ONLY lists apples, strawberries, and grapefruit. Geez! Ok no more oranges!

For dinner I did make the jambalaya, and I'm eating it with a Ryvita and half a grapefruit. Yum! Spicy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment