Sunday, April 3, 2011

VLCD Day 7 (-1)

Melba toast worked fine yesterday! YAY! I had 2 of them today... hopefully I don't overdo it! I also had a lot of macadamia nuts today - I'm wondering if I'm detoxing from cheating with the beer or if it was from having so much caffeine last night at Mozart's, but I was starving all day today! Ok not quite starving, but rather hungry indeed.

Today was my turn to cook for my Sis and I, so for lunch I made the chicken and cabbage soup that's my standby (I made it just a few days ago and posted a picture of it), and we ate it with a melba toast and baked Granny Smith apples with cinnamon. They were so soft and delicious... nomnomnom!

Then I went grocery shopping for the week, got some Braeburn apples for this week since I had GS all last week. Changin' it up! It was really nice to have time to cook this weekend; I never have time to cook nice meals anymore with work, homework, and Krav every evening. But that makes cooking that much more fun when I do get to do it, I guess! 


For dinner tonight I cooked again, this time I made shrimp & onion curry. I had a hankerin for curry the other day so I got some fresh curry powder and hadn't used it yet... I'm SO glad I decided to make it tonight! Probably one of the best things I've eaten in a long time, if I do say so myself. Sis liked it, too! We ate another toast each with it - because you just can't have curry without naan bread! Hahaha. The toast actually made a great replacement for the naan, imo. 


So here's the recipe for my Shrimp & Onion Curry!! 


Shrimp & Onion Curry 
100g shrimp
Onion (allowed amount), chopped into large pieces
1/2 - 3/4 cup chicken broth or water (depends on how soupy you like it)
1 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 clove garlic or equivalent garlic powder
dash jalapeno sauce (also you can use tobasco)
1/2-1 tsp Bragg's aminos (to taste)
turmeric (sprinkle lightly)
salt and pepper (sprinkle each)

Saute onion in a little bit of the broth or water until it begins get shiny. Add in all other ingredients except shrimp and stir well. Bring the broth to a boil, then add in shrimp. Cover and let boil for about 3 minutes, to cook shrimp. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is soft, stirring occasionally. Serve and enjoy! YUM!

---

So needless to say, THAT was delicious. Mmmm-mm good! And I know I had a lot of fat today already from chocolate delight and mac nuts, but I just ate another piece of chocolate. We shall see what happens tomorrow! 

Sometime this week I want to try some eggs and see how I do with those. I was going to make egg drop soup with them, but I found this recipe  for Chocolate Muffins made with the allowed eggs instead. OH. WOW. Need I say more? So hopefully I'll get to try that out sometime this week. I may also try some cottage cheese next week (don't want to add 2 new foods at the same time), and I actually found a chocolate cottage cheese pudding recipe that I might try. What? Don't look at me like that. I like chocolate and there is nothing wrong with that! Haha. 

Well, back to the grind tomorrow. Bleh. I love my job, but ya know. lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment