Friday, April 1, 2011

VLCD Days 4 & 5 (-1.2, -2.6)

(Day 4 : -1.2)
Stepped on the scale, afraid to see a stall or a gain, but was delighted to see that despite eating late and working out, I lost a pound! I guess since my body is used to doing 500 sit ups and 10 minute rounds on the bags it's not going to hold water weight. Hopefully when I increase my protein once I hit my goal weight I can continue to work out through Phase 2. I don't want to do much during Phase 3 because I wanna set my calories high without having to exercise and still be able to maintain... then I can balance it all when I start working out again.


On another note: apparently my body needs some fat to lose well, because I went on a road trip today and had to eat out for dinner as I was caught without my food that I had prepared. I ordered a chicken caesar salad with no dressing, and ate all of the lettuce and just a few pieces of chicken - about how much I'm used to seeing on my plate. Then, on the drive home, my boyfriend stopped at the Czech Stop Bakery and got a blueberry kolache. I don't even like kolaches - I didn't WANT the kolache. But those puppy dog eyes... and he was feeding it to me... so I took a bite. And then I went into a sugar coma and died.

Ok so I didn't die, but I almost did. That was SO MUCH SUGAR! OMG. I expected to gain at least a pound, but when I stepped on the scale last night I was already under the weight I had been in the morning. o.O I was soooo scared to get on the scale this morning - I kept telling myself "as long as I stay the same I'll be ok... if I stay the same I'll be ok." I had to step off and back on the scale to make sure I was reading it right. Over 2 lbs?! Holy shnikees! Then I remembered - last round the same thing happened. I went out to eat with my boyfriend and he fed me a piece of focaccia bread with cheese on it. I took a bite and was TERRIFIED for the next morning, but ended up dropping over a pound that day. Thus my conclusion - I think my body must need fat to keep from going into starvation mode. I've been eating 3 chocolate delight pieces every day for breakfast too, and I'm having good results with that! :-D Hopefully it continues - I am so loving getting chocolate every day with my coffee! 



(Day 5 : -2.6)

DUDE... What a loss! I've decided I'm going to add in some Macadamia nuts every day - start with 6 or so and work up to 12 if I keep losing/maintaining once I hit maintenance weight, which shouldn't be too long at this rate!

So, lunch today was shrimp salad (by the way, shrimp is my new favorite food EVER!) with salt and pepper and tobasco sauce for "dressing"... more like I barely dipped the shrimp in the tobasco for flavor and ate it dry. I actually enjoy dry salads with s&p... just good ol' fashioned lettuce and meat! Good stuff.

I'm also still detoxing pretty good - my mouth tastes INSANELY like metal! Same thing happened last round - supposed to be what happens during a liver detox. I'm also full of energy but I want to sleep ALL the time... kindof weird but I'll take it! I had enough energy to work out at Krav and run 3/4 of a mile so I'd say that's pretty good. ^^

I'm also addicted to iced americanos with english toffee stevia. Oh.mi.gosh. I think I drank like 3 of them each morning the last 2 days! Decaf, of course. I would be trippin if I had 16 shots of espresso (4 each plus my 1 quad-grande hot americano that I have while I set up the pastry case every morning. LOL.) Holy snap - I just realized, decaf or not, I have 16 shots of espresso every day. That can't be good! Ok... time to move to teas for a bit!! So today my sister is coming to visit for the weekend, and she's in her 3rd week of Phase 2 now (I think it's been 3 weeks anyway!). We are going to have SO MUCH FUN cooking this weekend! Plus maybe we can go swimsuit shopping - she needs a bikini! I bought my first bikini this spring - bright purple from Victoria's Secret and verah sexah. I might wear it this weekend if we go lay out - it's supposed to be 90 Sunday! Geez. 90. That's insane. But I likes! Haha.

Well, off to finish lunch before my next class. Government. Bleck. I'd rather get stabbed in the eyeball.

No comments:

Post a Comment