Saturday, April 2, 2011

VLCD Day 6 (-1.8)

A nice release after adding in Mac nuts yesterday! And that was with half a beer and being up until 1 in the morning!

So my sister got here last night, and we went to the hot rods gig in downtown and rode around in a friend's big army truck. It was a blast!! That's where half of a beer came in, though. I had put it in my mind I wasn't going to drink again until my birthday, even though I will be in Phase 4 for 2 weeks by the time my birthday rolls around and hopefully stabilized well, but last night... I mean how many times in your life do you get to ride around in the back of a 2 1/2 ton military truck, in downtown Austin, at night, with tons of gorgeous classic cars everywhere and your 2 best friends in the entire world (bf and sis) there with you?! I couldn't stand it... the ONLY thing missing at that moment was that fizzy bubbly toasty smooth substance that seems to make everything just fall into place. Plus my boyfriend had already had about 3 - jerk. LOL. So I made him split a beer with me (yeah I just had to force him to drink it haha) and it was TOTALLY worth whatever I was going to see on the scale the next morning.

Got up this morning and stepped on the scale and my eyes widened when I saw I had lost almost 2 pounds, and my sis (who had a whole beer) lost the same! Sweet! I guess the coconut oil and the macadamia nuts work well for me... not sure what did it for Sis! For breakfast this morning I had 4 more mac nuts (I count a half as one actually) and one piece of chocolate delight with my french pressed coffee. Heaven!

Then at lunch my sister cooked for us - she made the most FABULOUS shrimp wraps I have ever eaten in my life! I'm not sure what all she used, but I know there was Bragg's and sambal oelek, and I think there was garlic and maybe tobasco sauce? Then she "stir fried" the shrimp in the sauce and we ate them wrapped in lettuce bulgoogi style. Delicious!

I have managed to get my sis hooked on the flavored stevias from SweetLeaf, too! She brought the Chocolate Raspberry one for me to try... OMG... AMAZING. Hopefully I can bum some from her before she goes back home! Hahaha.

For dinner Sis cooked again - this time she made homemade marinara sauce with roma tomatoes, and grilled chicken. Then we sliced up a granny smith apple each and sprinkled pumpkin pie spice over the slices and stuffed them in our bento boxes, ready to head to Mozart's Cafe for a picnic dinner by the water! It was a wonderful evening... we sat and talked for a good 3 hours by the water until the sun was set, sipping iced coffee with English Toffee stevia (lol) and then hot teas to finish the evening. Great way to end an awesome day! Unfortunately, Sis realized she is still juuuust slightly intolerant to caffeine... AFTER 3 large cups of iced coffee! Whoops. It's like she has a hangover, without the over. It's just hang. Haha she has a coffee-hang. Ok something sounds really wrong with that.

OH! I am also going to add in some melba toast a few times a week at least and see how I do. From what I've been reading if you avoid it in Phase 2 then it can be harder to tolerate grains in Maintenance. I always thought Dr. Simeon wouldn't have had it in the diet for no reason, but went with what my doc said my previous 2 rounds. Gonna add it in this time and see how I do - I know last round I was EXTREMELY intolerant of carbs and I hated it! So tonight for dinner we added a melba toast to our chicken and marinara sauce. Yum! Oh wow - writing out our menu for today, I realize it's exactly the same as what I had yesterday just prepared different (except for the toast). Oops! Hope that doesn't affect me - usually if I eat the same things twice in a row I don't lose well.

I'll let you know how our weight does with the melba toast... hope it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment